Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Personal Awareness

Overall this was a VERY tough pose for me.
Just to maintain my back towards my tailbone alone was difficult, but the fact that I had to keep the crown of my head towards my palms and lift up my legs to provide support was in fact quite difficult. I believe this pose has really pushed me even though I had only done a mere modification of it. The amount of concentration this pose took was immense. I had to be aware of the fact that my back had to be straight, my heart center had to be open and strong, and finally my legs had to be firm and active. But compared to the first time I had ever done this pose, I believe this was one step towards ultimate balance and concentration for me. I really believe that this pose was a new level of understanding and a way for me to make a goal to try to do the actual full posture some day.

No comments: